Paticipate in Earth hour :)

On Saturday 23 March 2012 at 8:30pm, we will join hundreds of millions of people across the globe in switching off the lights of its business premises for one hour –Earth Hour, the world’s largest public environmental action. By taking part in this global ‘LIGHTS OFF’ event we will be acknowledging its commitment to operational actions that benefit the planet in the year ahead. 😀
I would like to invite you, as a valued colleague, to join me and other bloggers in what promises to be an amazing and inspiring global celebration of our collective commitment to the planet. 🙂
In the lead up to Earth Hour 2013, I plan to take a close look at ways I can waste less and reduce
my ecological footprint – both at home and in the workplace – and will share my actions with the
world on www.earthhour.org as my personal commitment to go beyond the hour for Earth Hour.
Earth Hour began as a single-city initiative – in Sydney, Australia – in 2007 and has since grown
into a global movement with hundreds of millions of people from more than 7,000 cities and
towns in 152 countries/territories across every continent switching off their lights for Earth Hour,
creating history as the world’s greatest ever environmental action.
Some of the world’s most famous man-made marvels and natural wonders, including China’s
Forbidden City, Eiffel Tower, Table Mountain, Great Pyramids of Egypt, Buckingham Palace,
Brazil’s Christ the Redeemer statue, Niagara and Victoria Falls, Empire State Building, Sydney
Opera House and many more global icons stood in darkness as a powerful symbol of landmark
environmental action.
Earth Hour will be even bigger. It is a global call to action to every individual throughout the world
to take responsibility for their environmental impact and join a growing international community
who are committed to leading global environmental change.

To get a better sense of the magnitude and inspiring nature of the event, please    take a moment
to watch the Earth Hour 2013 official video at w

ww.youtube.com/earthhour .
I’m excited about Earth Hour 2013, both as a student blogger and as an individual. I hope you will join me and your colleagues in this important global initiative and encourage your family and friends to switch off their lights for Earth Hour at 8.30pm on Saturday 23 March 2013 and make a c

ommitment to an action that benefits the planet beyond the hour.

Participating in Earth Hour is easy, fun and absolutely free. To get more information visit 
www.earthhour.org
, where you can sign up to switch off, share your action and celebrate with
the people of the world your commitment to the one thing we all have in common – the planet.

Sincerely,

Arwa Seghir 😀

11 thoughts on “Paticipate in Earth hour :)

1. Dear Riwa,

Well Done

Please don’t forget to visit other students blogs in this challenge to leave comments there.

Challenge’s new programs have been published in http://www.studentchallenge.edublogs.org and we have some delay to reach other students in challenge.
    🙂

Please read the program and do the needed acts according the program.
    Also please hyperlink a word or sentence in new post back to new program.
    This way main admin of challenge will be informed about your new post and will visit your blog.

Astaneh (Student challenge Mentor)